Change of Address with the United States Postal Service

Are you getting ready to move? If so, you are like millions of people this year. There are a lot of things you have to do besides pack and arrange movers. You have to notify people of your new address.

Get Change of Address Form from the Post Office

One of the easiest ways to do this in one simple step is by getting a change of address form at a post office branch. This form must be filled out and handed to a postal clerk. Your address will be noted and any mail that goes to your old address will be forwarded to your new one.

You still need to let all businesses you work with that you are moving. With the help of the US post office, you can be sure that your mail will get sent to your new address. Your mail will be forwarded for a year automatically.

postal service change of address

You also want to let your family and friends know of your new address. The post office’s information also gets added to a database so be assured that your information is accessible to companies that you have done business with in the past.

Explore Online Post Office Website

Look for the form in the post office’s Movers Guide. This booklet contains lots of tips to help you make your move easier. Another option is to visit Change of Address Online – United States Postal Service Change of Address. You can change your address there instantly. This is a convenient way to change your address and save paper while you do it.

Moving is exciting but it can be stressful, too. Make your move easier by taking care of changing your address a few weeks before you move. Specify the date you want your mail to go to your new address on the change of address form. The post office will take care of making sure you get all of your mail.